Saturday, September 13, 2008

Confessions of Quirkiness

(found during an hour of blog-stalking when I should have been cleaning the house :) )

1. I eat the edges first, including pizza, sandwiches, hamburgers, etc., then the middle part. It's that "save the best for last" theory, which you're not technically supposed to do when you eat because it pretty much guarantees you'll eat the entire thing :)

2. I really cannot stand blue jeans, socks or pantyhose. I will tug and pull and squirm out of discomfort all day long when I wear any of these.

3. When I was younger, I sometimes used to count in a pattern when I walked (1-2-3-1-3-2-1)...can we say Rain Man??

4. I have always played with my ears and popped them...since I was a baby. When I was little, I used to play with other peoples' ears, but as I got older, I quickly learned that my mom was really the only one who thought that was sweet and cute. Everybody else just thinks it's annoying, so now I stick to my own pair.

5. I still bite my nails and have stopped feeling guilty about it.

6. I eat steak with ketchup. I do not care if we are at a five star, head-spinning expensive restaurant. If they're serving steak, I'm packing a bottle of Heinz 57.


7. I tend to bump into people when we're walking along together in a straight line. I'm convinced it's because one of my legs is very slightly shorter than the other.

8. When I'm really nervous and walking into a room/situation where I don't know many people or don't know what to expect, my eyes water. This started in high school for some reason (which was a very positive experience), and doesn't happen much anymore, but is totally embarrassing when it does because people who look closely think I'm crying.


I tag all people reading this blog that have quirks to confess :)

4 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

Cute post!

The Wii Fit was great during my pregnancy as long as I remembered not to take it personally when it called me "obese!" You can't tell it that you're pregnant, so it is constantly fussing at you for your weight gain! But the exercises were great. I could do almost all of them, but the yoga was my favorite. It felt really good to my back!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Courtney said...

Okay, that is hilarious! Love your quirks!

Emily said...

That's a little scary...some of them hit pretty close to home. Can't tell you how many times I've made myself sick on pancakes because the middle is just the best part and is the last "ring" around the pancake!

Leslie said...

Great post. I think I am going to do this.