Thursday, February 5, 2009

BABY SURVEY

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, but happened WAY faster than we thought it would/plans were in the works, but no

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes/Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Wow, we're good at this! Wahoo!/Um, wow. We're too good at this.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24/26

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? 1) Took a test WAY earlier than I should've, but it showed up anyway 2) Got suspicious on the timing, took the test, and was pretty shocked.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? 1) I'd rather not say because it wasn't who it should've been :) 2) Michael

8. HOW DID YOU TELL YOUR PARTNER? 1) Took him to Braums, bought him one scoop of blue ice cream and one scoop of pink, told him we could end up with either one, and gave him a present that was really a present for the baby (pacifiers) 2) Walked out of the bathroom, and while Michael was still asleep, went to the fridge, got an egg, brought it back and woke up Michael. Gave it to him and said, "Guess what?" hee :)

9. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely/Absolutely - I hate surprises, even good ones :)

10. DUE DATE? 1) Due Nov. 26th, born Dec. 6th...poor me 2) Due Mar. 26th, will be born on Mar. 19th if he doesn't come early (and I won't hold my breath for THAT to happen! :) ).

11. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? 1) 3 days pretty bad 2) Not really...just felt queasy for a couple of weeks on and off

12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? 1) waffles, for dinner especially 3) cheese enchiladas

13. WHAT IRRITATED YOU? 1) How swollen and huge I got, how much weight I gained, pregnancy brain = memory loss and a loss of intelligent vocabulary, my stretch marks, the fact that my doctor was an IDIOT and let my baby get up to 9 lbs., torturing my poor body in the process (a LOT irritated me the first time) 2) Not much of anything, although Michael would probably admit I've been a little snippy about silly things starting about a week ago.

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy/boy

15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? at first, because I always thought I'd have a girl first/once I got over the surprise, not at all. I'm PUMPED about having two boys

16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 45 lbs. (yikes)/looking like it'll land right at 35 lbs., which I'm very happy with

17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes/will at the end of the month

18. NATURAL OR C-SECTION? 1) c-section 2) will be the same, but scheduled, rather than an emergency

19. HOW LONG WERE YOU IN LABOR? 1) 8 hours 2) most likely won't be an issue :)

20. HOW LONG DID YOU PUSH? 1) never did 2) not planning on it

21. HOW BIG WAS YOUR BABY AT BIRTH? 1) 9 lbs. 2) my prediction is right around 8 lbs. since he's a big boy like his brother was

22. HOW LONG WAS YOUR BABY? 1) 20 in. 2) ??

23. DID YOU CRY WHEN YOUR BABY WAS BORN? yes, when I heard him

24. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR BABY? Bennett James/we don't know yet

25. WHAT WERE YOUR FIRST WORDS WHEN YOUR BABY WAS BORN? 1) He's got some pipes. He sounds beautiful.

26. WHEN DO YOU WANT TO DO IT AGAIN? Um...NOT a good time to ask.


Thanks, Kristen, for letting me steal this post. I was feeling warm-fuzzies about being pregnant today and thought this would be fun :) If any of you other pregnant friends out there would like to steal, be my guest!

0 comments: