Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Favorites (plus some Bennett viewing pleasure)

Here are some recent pictures of my little Benito that make me quite a fan...

This RARELY happens, so I had to get a picture!


He loves playing in his "fortress."


Cuddling with Horton the Elephant.


And without further ado...the second edition of FRIDAY FAVORITES!! (I know you've been waiting all week with bated breath!)

1. TARGET $1 AISLE -- Typically the knick-knacks and "treasures" here are nothing short of junk and fall apart within a few days of buying them, but I've had some fabulous finds here as well, such as the ROCKIN' felt penguin bags I used to hold party favors for Bennett's first birthday, and my cute hot pink water bottle for the gym. I also found a slightly scary but fun Christmas tree board book for Bennett's stocking this year that he LOVES. And if you're a theme kind of person, this is the section for you. They have stuff for every occasion and season, and everything's a buck. Oh, Target! Could you possibly be more fabulous?

2. BECOMING JANE -- It's a movie with Anne Hathaway and James McAvey, and it is fantastic. I watched it for the first time this week. Be forewarned because it has a somewhat sad ending, which usually deters and infuriates me, but in this case it was so well done and so poetic, I STILL walked away loving it. I'm a HUGE Jane Austen fan (Pride and Prejudice is my favorite everything: book, movie, love story, whatever) so this movie was right up my alley. And may I just say, James McAvey (is that how you spell his name?) is not an exceptionally attractive man, but his acting in this movie was beyond phenomenal. I was seriously impressed. Beautiful, beautiful story, and fairly accurate for the most part from what I saw and what I know about Jane Austen's life.

3. CHINESE FOOD -- Don't be surprised, people, if some type of food makes my Friday Favorites list every week. I love food, I won't lie, and I'm convinced there will be a Chinese buffet in heaven. In particular, I'm a huge fan of Pei Wei, thanks to Miss Molly's introduction. You can't beat their lomein and wontons, and when you order take out, you get a free drink while you wait (who doesn't love free stuff?). If I hadn't just eaten two strawberry Valentine's cupcakes 15 minutes ago (and hadn't already eaten Pei Wei just last night), I'm pretty sure my mouth would be watering right now.


Until next week,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Let's see. I graduated from Harding in 2002, and my husband in 2003. I was on the soccer team, and went to HUG in 2001. I was also in Chi Omega Pi at Harding, and am now a sponsor for them. Were you in a club? Not sure where to start naming people I know, either from Harding or RHCC. Some of the kids I went to RHCC with were Evy Brooks, Jennifer Schultz, Ryan Chamblee, David Chapman, Drew Chandler and his little brother Kyle. I think several of these people wound up at Harding too, but I only knew them in middle school, not really at Harding. Do you know any of them?

Kristi Petrak said...

Pei Wei is wonderful, yes, but unlike PF Chang, its sister corporation, it does not have the Great Wall of Chocolate. Need I say more? ^_^

Jennifer said...

Okay, I have heard from several different people about PF Changs lately and I'VE NEVER BEEN!! So obviously I HAVE to try it (wall of chocolate - seriously?!)