Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kudos to You!

Okay, so this week it ended up being a Wednesday Kudos, rather than Tuesday, which was the original plan. So sorry for the delay to all of you who have been sitting on pins and needles (ouch).

My Kudos this week goes to two ladies who have really offered a helping hand: Summer and Courtney.

I've recently gotten to know Summer better through ladies bible class and from shared life experiences, and this is one smokin' awesome chica. She's due to have her second baby in a few weeks and is busy getting everything ready, but even in the midst of this, she has been a HUGE help to me and Benito recently. Summer knows a ton about health and vitamins and the things our bodies need and has given me all kinds of information I've been needing pertaining specifically to Bennett's health (he's been having some big time trouble with his ears, for those of you who haven't been reading). So I've put a lot of things she's suggested into practice and it's been very helpful, giving me more peace of mind.

Courtney and I don't actually hang out or see each other regularly, but when she heard that I was really discouraged about Bennett's ear infections and the possibility of tubes, she offered several sources of help and information to naturally heal and help his ears so that we can avoid the tubage. Not only that, but we were having a little trouble finding a place to meet up so she could loan me a book and tape about it all, so she took time out of her busy schedule (she's got two kids and is also pregnant) to locate my house and drop it by. This meant a great deal to me because it gave me hope for trying things other than constant rounds of antibiotics, shots, and surgery. And it means even more since we don't really know each other well - she was just trying to help someone in need.

Thanks so much to both of you wonderful ladies for offering your wisdom and advice to a first-time mommy! Kudos to you for your generosity, your empathy, and your support!

5 comments:

Summer said...

You are so sweet to say such nice things, Jennifer. I have been more than happy to help you and would love to offer more help if I can! I hope that Bennett is doing better. :-) See you on Tuesday!

Lori said...

Way to go Summer and Courtney. What sweet gals!!

Courtney said...

You are so sweet! I have been so blessed to have a mom and others who pass that information on to me. It works so well for my kids that I am always eager to pass it on! I admire your willingness to learn about new options to do what's best for Bennett even when it may not be the easiest or quickest thing. I am praying that things are continuing to get better!

Oh, and I want to meet Summer! I think we'd have a lot to talk about! :)

Lori said...

That's funny about the /d/ sound...Annalee does that too on certain words...dady for baby. Ok, to post a video: first it has to be on your computer similar to how a picture file would be on it. Once you have it saved on your computer or your memory card from your camera that's plugged into the computer, you just click the video button on blogger right next to the picture button and browse to find where your video was saved and then just follow the prompts. It could take a little while to download depending on how big the video file is. It's basically just like putting a picture on your post except you use the video button instead. Hope that helps.

Jennifer said...

Lori -- thanks! That helps a LOT! As soon as I stop being lazy I'll post it :)

Courtney -- you might already know Summer. She goes to our church. Her link is on my page.

Summer & Courtney -- We went to the doctor today. His ears are HEALING!! The "glue" has cleared up and there's just a thin amount of drainage left that the doc says should clear itself up. I'm continuing to keep him off of milk and do the massaging thing. I absolutely believe that this is why he's getting better. The Lord answered my prayers and used you two as tools of wisdom to aid the process. Thank you so much!! It looks like we beat the tubes! :)