Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CVS

Seriously, this blog will NOT be turning into a "bargain mom" blog - there are a TON of them out there. I have lots more things to write about than CVS and money saving deals. However, that being said, I got another amazing deal this week. Feel free to inquire further, as I won't be breaking it down specifically here...

For $7 this week I got all of this:




And in one transaction alone, I got all of this for $.16!!


I ended up with $9 in Extra Care Bucks (again, like a gift card to CVS) to use next time, so essentially, they paid ME $2 for all of the stuff in the first picture. HA!!

Now, you may be thinking, Jennifer, why on EARTH did you buy FOUR toothbrushes and two of the mascaras and shampoo? And will you really use this stuff? The lady I'm learning from who does tutorials on this stuff shows you how to buy things to make deals work right that a) you may not need or really use, but can give away to charity or as gifts (because they're free anyway), or b) you can stock up on stuff when there's a SUPER good deal and store them up to have a few months supply, so that you can ALWAYS only buy things when there's an awesome deal and never have to pay a lot out of pocket. Plus, when you consider the fact that one tube of mascara alone cost $5-$7 all by itself, it's absolutely amazing that that's what I spent on ALL of this, even if there are a few items I'll pass on to others. I'm actually pretty excited about being more structured and intentional about giving to others in need through all of this, and STILL spending LESS money! Sweet.

The deal I was actually most excited about was the $.16 one, not only because it was the cheapest, but also because the Fructis shampoo is one I actually use, and the tiny little batteries were actually a purchase we HAD to make because my garage door opener burned out. The batteries alone were priced at almost $5, but I got the whole deal for almost nothing (plus they gave me $7 ECB on this particular deal).

Don't hate me for my CVS-iliciousness. :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love it! Tell me why you would do multiple transactions - I've seen that on the other site and wondered. I know it must make it a better deal somehow...also, when you do that can you do both transactions at the same time? PS any extra toiletries that you want to give away could be a big help at Royal Family. They always have kids come without stuff like that. I'm just giving mine to the camp nurser to take with her.

Sarah Mae said...

I have yet to fully yield to the CVS monster. I hear about how great it is, but the few times I tried it, my store was out of the very things I could have gotten the deals on! Grrr...

However, you're inspiring me...slightly...

Jennifer said...

Emily -- Royal Family is a GREAT idea!! That's exactly what I'll do! Thanks!

Sarah -- yeah, you have to go early in the week if there are super good deals or it'll be sold out. That's definitely true.