Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Favorites

Michael has spoiled me a lot lately, so I'm going the "romantic/thoughtful" route with Friday Favorites this week.

1. FRESH FLOWERS -- it really doesn't matter to me if they're the $2 Walmart flowers, or the $60 dozen roses (actually, I prefer the cheaper ones since flowers die in a week or two anyway). My very favorite flowers are white roses, or at least have been for a long time. I think I'm in a transition phase of sorts right now, because I'm very attracted to spring flowers, like lilies and daffodils right now. And my favorite favorite flower that's just for planting, not really for romancing, is a violet. I wanted my bridesmaids to carry violets in my wedding before I realized they don't come individually, just as a plant you stick in the ground. When I told the florist what I wanted, she looked at me like I'd sprouted two heads :) And I TOTALLY agree with Kristen C. Buying some inexpensive flowers from the grocery store and putting them in a pretty vase can completely transform the way you feel about a room.

2. SWEETS -- I'm not a big sweets eater, and I'm not one of those women who passes out over a good bar of chocolate, but I love me some Little Debbie snacks (especially the donut sticks or the white cupcake thingys), although technically I probably shouldn't even be talking about them since I'm trying to be good and lose 5 lbs. before the wedding I'm in this August (yes, I know it's 4 months away - I'm using the first couple of months to get mentally prepared :) ). I also ADORE Reeses - both the cups and the pieces. The Easter bunny (aka. my mom - yes my mom STILL gives me an Easter basket - LOVE it!) spoiled me with Reester Bunnies this Easter - HA! They were delicious, and had such a corny name, I got a good laugh, too.

3. BEST DATE EVER -- When we were dating in college our sophomore year, Michael was beginning to get a grasp on how much I love music and how I wanted to perform someday (my dream was to tour or be in a show or to have a record deal). So he told me we were going out, and proceeded to drive me several hours to Branson, MS. and took me around to all of the different stages and auditoriums that people perform in there. We picked up brochures, looked through them, and talked about dreams. Then we stopped inside a place to get some fresh hot fudge and took it to the car, where to my surprise, Michael had two wine glasses and sparkling white grape juice (which began a tradition to be included at romantic or special events - we toasted with sparkling white grape juice at our wedding). We drove back, and I thought the night was over, but NO. He came to my window and SERENADED me with his guitar. It was slightly cheesy, but totally Michael, and it was the sweetest thing ever. All the girls from other windows around mine (in the dorm) were ooh-ing and ahh-ing. It was great. And when I turned around after I thought he was finished, he'd had my roommate bring in roses for me...none of this was for a special occassion - just him being super sweet and thoughtful, and trying hard to make me happy...which he did :)
(Side note: No, this is not a picture of my husband. HA!)

And that's that for this week :)

1 comments:

Kristen said...

My mom still does Easter Baskets too! :) And, how about donut sticks dipped in chocolate milk...yum!