Friday, August 28, 2009

A NEW CREATION

Yes, I have drastically altered my page, as you can see.

I found this template and fell in love with it. It's so symbolic and represents the way I've been feeling lately, and the things God is doing in my life right now.

Without trying to be too sappy or annoying, but holding to the desire to be truthful and blunt (but also pretty vague, this time around), the Lord and me are in a wrestling, hugging, warfare, eye-opening process of setting me free from a lot of junk that just has no business hanging around. There are skeletons in my closet and dust-bunnies under the bed of my soul and spirit that should've been dealt with and spring-cleaned quite a long time ago, my friends.

And God, in His wisdom, faithfulness and perfect timing, has chosen this time of my life, for reasons only He knows, to get down to business with yours truly.

So here's to the music of me and all that entails, whether it be the seasons of rain and stormy weather, or the kind I'm in right now, which resembles and feels like I'm smack dab in the middle of a typhoon...but a pleasant one, somehow, and one I've been waiting for most of my life.

Here's to freedom, to openness, to boldness, and to the beauty of feeling absolutely lovely in your very own skin, simply because it's the skin God made just for you.

And for the vast majority of you who have NO idea what I'm going on about, that's A-okay. Thanks for being my friend (and a fabulous one, at that) anyway.

3 comments:

Randi Freeby said...

Love the new background and the "new" you being revealed. God is wonderful to heal our scars as my mom has recently talked about on her blog. I am glad you are my friend and I will walk with you down any road leading to our heavenly father. It is fun to watch you grow and it inspires me to grow too.

Kristen said...

That is quite different! I feel out of the loop. Hope we can get together soon.

Courtney said...

I love this! It is always awe-inspiring to watch someone take this journey with God. Praying that you are continuing to find incredible peace and joy in your "clean house."