Saturday, November 28, 2009

BLACK FRIDAY

Yours truly did, in fact, participate in the Black Friday festivities. It was ridiculous. It was annoying. But at one store, it was glorious.

I went to Kohl's first, and that was a crock. Totally overrated. First of all, I got there at 3:55am, and the line was doubled up in front of the store, running the entire length of the building. So it took ten minutes or so just to get in the store. Then, I realized that the prices were good, really good, but not anything to call home about. I wasn't shopping for appliances or electronics or toys really, so the big deals didn't apply to me. Then, I ended up going back to make a return today, and realized that the prices on the things I bought on Black Friday morning at the butt-crack of dawn weren't any different!! Grrrr. Needless to say, won't be doing Kohl's again. And really, it's not their fault that the trip was wasted. I should've done more research.

On with the greatness of B.F. I went to the mall. Got there around 5:30am. It was pretty sparse as far as crowds go, and the deals were truly wonderful. At NY&Company, every. single. thing. was 50%. It's one of my favorite stores, so I was in heaven.

All in all, got some good shopping done for others and myself - I'll be going super early again next year, but I'll just hit the mall. I avoided it in the first place because the thought of the crowds filled me with dread, but it turned out to be better than any other place.

We also got all of our Christmas decorations, lights and tree put up yesterday, so today I'm just enjoying the spoils of it all. I ADORE Christmas. This is my very favorite time of year.

0 comments: