Thursday, April 29, 2010

SILENCE

Today something awful happened at the little school I teach at. One of the sweet, precious ladies we teach with passed away in a car accident on her way to work this morning. As we went through the day teaching our innocent, beautiful children who were completely unaware, our own minds numb and disbelieving, I realized something. The idea became solidified as I went through the day, listening to people talk about what had happened, everyone trying to find their own way to express their grief and shock and anger at this sudden tragedy.


I realized that sometimes it's okay to be silent. Sometimes it's best. Being silent before the Lord can be one of the most comforting, self-realizing things we can do.

I tried so hard to find appropriate, socially acceptable things to say and ways to react today, along with everyone else. But throughout the day, I've felt a pressing desire to just be quiet before God, not asking why, not trying to explain or make excuses for His plan, or understanding what good will come from it all someday.

Instead of speaking out loud, I'll quietly mourn and let the Spirit offer prayers that I don't have the words to express myself on behalf of the beautiful family and all of the friends she left behind.

Thank you, Lord, that You do not change. You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. In You we put our hope and trust.

2 comments:

LBC said...

Thank you, friend! This is just how I was feeling as well. I love you.

Vicky said...

I'm so sorry. Sometimes, silence is the best choice you can make.