Sunday, April 4, 2010

SPRING SING

We spent the weekend in Searcy for Harding's Spring Sing. Bennett and Jasper did pretty good on the ride there and back: they both went on sleep strikes, but neither one cried or fussed much, which was nice. The boys had a fantastic time with Nanna and Papa, and Michael and I got to go on a date to see the Saturday night show and meet up with old friends from the clubs we were in. It was an interesting experience because we hadn't been back in five years (despite the fact that we were two of the most gung-ho Harding people you could imagine, and Michael lived there his whole life until I dragged him here :) ). It's a strange and humbling feeling to know that life goes on without you, things change, and people forget about the things that you once thought were so important. That's life I guess, but it's a bizarre thing to realize. College was an amazing experience for both of us, but we wouldn't trade our life and our family and the choices we've made so far for anything. Michael and I have grown so much as a couple and as individuals - something that can't happen until you're in the "real world." But it's still funny how small your world can be, and you be completely oblivious to it at the time...makes me wonder what I'll think when I look back on the season I'm in right now :)
Anyway, enough with the rant. Here are a bunch of pictures, including a few around campus and some Easter shots.





1 comments:

Lori said...

sounds fun! terry and jodie were there yesterday too.