Saturday, September 11, 2010

FALL INSPIRATION

I have been in a mad frenzy, cleaning and organizing my house, and I'm just about ready to post some pictures of it all (for anyone out there who actually cares!), and then get on to the fall decorating! A lot of people do "Spring Cleaning," but I'm more of a "Fall Cleaning" kinda gal myself. For some reason it's when I get my "get-up-and-go-mojo" going. I feel like a nesting pregnant woman (no, I'm not pregnant), and I'm trying to take advantage of that, too. Anyway, I'll post the organizing pictures later, but for now, I leave you with two pumpkin decorations that I will absolutely be doing this year in our house.


The first is from THIS post, about a year ago. When I saw the idea, loved it, but mourned the loss because I found the idea too late to use it. But this year, it's definitely going to happen. Here's the picture in case you didn't follow the link:

pumpkins.jpg

(don't you just LOVE these? I found a wooden bowl at Goodwill for $1.50 that I'm going to paint and put my ribbon pumpkins in)

And the second thing I'll be doing, I found at THIS blog. And in case you don't follow the link here (although if you want to try them yourself, you really should, because she gives a great, easy tutorial on it), here's another picture:

IMG_9527.JPG.jpg

(Scrapbook paper pumpkins - SO cheap, SO easy, SO cute!!)

And there's a sneak peek of fall at our house! Can you tell that staying home and spending more time being a wife and mommy is inspiring and energizing me?? Because I'm LOOOOVING it!!

0 comments: