Saturday, July 23, 2011

THANK YOU'S AND CABINETS

Thank you, my dear sweet friends. To those of you who have written, called, and reached out, and to those of you who have done silent, quiet things in the background, like lifting my name up before the Father without me even knowing. Thank you. I have felt loved and encouraged this week, and it means a great deal. Words are powerful, and the words and time you have shared to help me out a bit this week have been so well-timed and full of grace and love. Blessings on you and on your families for being the hands and feet of Jesus to silly, emo me :).


I have felt spurred on and encouraged to really get back in the Word and talk to God about the things going on in my life, and although there is still so much silence and uncertainty, and I'm still having a hard time, my heart is feeling lighter just knowing there are people like you He has placed in my life, just because He loves me. God uses His people to take care of each other, and I have been the grateful recipient this time.

On a little bit lighter note that is definitely needed/wanted, I am finally doing it. You know. It. The dreaded, long-awaited, much-anticipated, scary, hairy, BFHP (Big Fat Hairy Project).

The Kitchen Cabinets.

I'm so sceered! But it must be done, and I need a distraction. I have the primer, the paint, the paint sprayer, the foam rollers, the super nice paint brush that will help coats go on better (hopefully, fingers crossed!), the cabinets have been cleaned like crazy with Goo Gone, and this weekend I am sanding them. EEK! We shall see, we shall see. I'm going to take "before" pictures today, so I can be sure to post before and afters when I'm all done. But don't count on that happening for at least two weeks (maybe three or four - this is going to be a BEAST!).

And it must be said, I must be some kinda crazy, because Michael and my dad are currently involved in the FIFTH Saturday of redoing our master bathroom shower (poor guys!). So we're about to have TWO BFHP's going on at the same time (because it's going to be at least another two weeks before they're done - thanks Dad, thanks Honey, you guys are A-MAZING). Yikes.

Peace and Blessings and Love to you all,

1 comments:

Tiffany Rose said...

you can do it (the cabinets). we just did ours and it wasn't bad at all. There is this fabulous paint that you can use on wood and not sand first! It made the job so much faster. :) Check out my blog to see the process and feel free to ask question!