Saturday, November 10, 2007

God breathed

I've been keeping a little book/mini-journal of scriptures that pertain to my current experiences, struggles, and delights in life so that I can work on memorizing them and applying them to situations where I find I need a sword. It's small enough that I can carry it around with me and add to it when I come across new ones at church or bible study or in my own personal study. I thought I'd share because I've struggled for years with a good system for committing scripture to memory and I never seemed to have the right scripture for the right time when I needed it. This is working out really well for me and God is using it to richly bless me. I thought I'd share a few more scriptures I've recently written down that have served to lift up my head, give me courage, convict me, or bring me comfort...hope some of you can use them.

"So humble yourselves under the might power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you."
-1 Peter 5:6-7

"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not destroy you."
-Isaiah 43:1-2

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them."
-Romans 8:28

"So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for He will never fail you."
-1 Peter 4:19

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.'"
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

"Don't be afraid, for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!"
-Daniel 10:19

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love these verses!

Kristen said...

I'm lucky to have such a friend as YOU!