Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkins and a Happy Halloween

I'm behind a bit on posting because our crew (and particularly Bennett) has been partaking of the fall festivities this year with great enthusiasm, and mommy has tried her best to follow along with the camera. Most of our activities have centered around pumpkins, because our little guy LOVES them!! Several words that he's recently picked up have been due to their association with a pumpkin in some form or fashion (i.e. talking about and identifying horses non-stop now because he saw one eating a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch).

Side note: It must be said that I am LOVING the fact that Bennett is old enough and aware enough to enjoy the season and to add new experiences to his little life. It's so exciting to see him get so excited - this reminds me that this is how God feels about us - this is what it means when the bible says He delights in us. Amazing thought, and amazing how God orchestrates so many things in our lives to reflect His relationship with us, especially growing a family!

Pictures to follow: trip to the pumpkin patch, eating Halloween cookies, putting faces on our pumpkins, in costume at school, and Fall Fest at our church on Halloween night...enjoy!


Fun at the Pumpkin Patch










(this is all he wanted to take home - a bumpy little gourd...he calls it his little football)



Pumpkin Faces and Halloween Cookies




(posed here when I told him I wanted a picture of him with the pumpkin faces)






Costumes at School






Halloween at Church (more to come when they're downloaded)









The ball players :)
(Bennett with his buddy from school, Cason)

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I LOVE all of the photos. Bennett is sooooo cute. I love his costume and his expressions. He looks so grown up!

I like seeing photos of his parents too!

Love,

Nanna

Summer said...

I looked for you guys last night but never saw you. I guess you're thinking what I was last Halloween..."next year I'll have two little boys in costume to tote around." Lo and behold, I can't believe Judah was our 6 month old little frog last night!

Emily said...

Oh, my that is one cute little slugger!! He is such a doll - I can't wait to see what his brother looks like!

Courtney said...

Okay, your pictures are making me realize that I am REALLY falling down in that department these days! I've got to get some more shots before Levi accuses me of never taking pictures of the third born!