Saturday, March 14, 2009

JASPER JOHN

Hello, all! I am SO happy to be here right now, introducing you to our newest arrival - our precious Jasper John!

Stats: 7 lbs. 10 oz.
19 1/2 in. long
dark blue eyes
red hair
BIG head (just like his brother!)
born at 9:44am on March 14, 2009

I think he looks a bit more like Michael, different from Bennett in several ways, although they really do resemble each other. His head shape is almost exactly like Bennett's.

So far, little Jasper has been a very low-key, low-maintenance baby. He rarely cries, and when he does, it's more like a soft complaint. I'm beginning to wonder if he's actually a shy, sensitive little guy, rather than the spit-fire I thought he'd be based on his actions in the womb :) I think we'll have a better idea tomorrow, but it's so AMAZING to me how different he and Bennett are, even after just one day of life! God is so big and so great and so amazing to orchestrate each person so wonderfully and differently :)

Bennett met him today and kept saying "baby! baby!" over and over again, giving him kisses, gently patting him, etc. It was precious.

I'm doing great. I'm glad I chose to have a repeat c-section. It was a great experience and was quick and painless :) Thank you, Lord!

I'll post more pictures soon! Thank you all SO much for your prayers and love! More pictures and updates to come in the following days!





6 comments:

Amanda said...

So, so happy for you! I'm glad everything went well and your precious little guy is here and healthy! Love you!!

Lori said...

it was so fun to see you today, glad y'all are doing well! jasper is absolutely precious...definately lovin' the red hair! although, i think i'm even more terrified of having another baby now! :)

Randi Freeby said...

Precious! Congrats!

angela said...

Wow! A post already?! I'm impressed :) You guys are looking great and I am so happy that everything went well!

Summer said...

I'm so glad we got to come see you guys last night. Jasper is absolutely adorable, and I LOVE his red hair! You looked great, and I know that you're going to do just fine when you get home. Please call if you need ANYTHING, but I'll probably call to check on you at some point this week. Love you friend!

Tanya said...

Hey Jennifer! Long time no see. Congrats on lil' Jasper. He is adorable. Man, time flies. We are all so grown up and trying to be responsible. hehehehe Well, feel free to check out my blog when you start getting more sleep:)

Tanya 'Grasham' Robertson