Saturday, January 15, 2011

CLEANING HOUSE PART DUX

Go ahead, ask me. Ask me if since joining up with Clean Mama's "January Cleaning Month," I've washed ALL the baseboards in our entire house, washed all the window sills, washed ALL the window panes inside and out (the window panes have never been done...not in the SEVEN years we've lived here...EEK, I know. We're totally disgusting) ,dusted the corners and ceilings of the whole house, and have made plans to touch up the baseboards with paint, deep clean the fridge and freezer, and cut back our front yard trees in the next couple of weeks. Holy Moly, we're in the midst of a cleaning frenzy over here! Michael thinks I'm crazy, but is oh-so-thankful for the insanity.

The basic update here is that Clean Mama's stuff is still working really well for me. I still love the adjustments I made to the schedule (like alternating days on wiping down the bathroom counters and sweeping the floors, rather than doing both every day), but man, this lady knows her cleaning stuff.

I also have to tell you about my new cleaning best friend. It's the new Rubbermaid Reveal Spray mop. It's red and you can find it at Target. It has a removable, washable pad, and the cleaner bottle that attaches to the mop is filled with whatever you want to use, rather than buying chemically stuff that costs an arm and a leg. So I use my organic cleaner that's diluted with water, and save a ton of money, as well as stay more green (which I'm becoming more and more convicted about these days...thinking about getting away from paper towels for the most part, too...intimidating thought!). It sprays right out of the top of the mop pad when you press a lever in the handle, and it has a genius swivel head that makes maneuvering around furniture, behind toilets, under cabinets, etc., a breeze, which I LOVE.

Anyhow, there's the nuts and bolts of cleaning at our house these days. If the system ever crashes and burns, I'll let you know. For now, I'm feeling good, feeling good.

1 comments:

Lori said...

ooooo...I'm totally checking out that mop at Target...I love a great cleaning tool and mopping is my weakness (haven't mopped something in ages..think hands and knees with a wet paper towel instead). thanks for the tip!