Wednesday, January 5, 2011

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

1. Those dryer balls they sell at BBB, insisting they replace dryer sheets and prevent static cling just as well? False. They do nothing more than jumble and bang around making loud thumping noises, threatening to wake both your children up from their naps. Grrrr, I say.


2. It's funny, and yet not, all at the same time to get your latest rejection letter from a literary agent which says, and I quote, "I did not have sufficient enthusiasm for your work to pursue representation as an agent at this time." Ouch. Good thing I kept my day job...uh, I mean...

3. Marble Slab ice cream tastes just as good now as it did when I was in high school (took Bennett last night for the first time - he was a big fan).

4. Making returns after Christmas is a pain in the patootie.

5. One large trampoline + safety net enclosure + one four-year-old high-energy boy = endless fun and excitement, and one extremely happy mama.

6. Bennett weighs 40 lbs. and is four years old, so he sits in a big boy booster seat in the car now. CRAZY. He looks so big and grown up back there when I look in my rearview mirror; sometimes it makes me want to cry.

7. The next BFHP (Big Fat Hairy Project, in case you forgot or are unfamiliar with the terminology) I'll be tackling is a doozy. I'm going to paint our kitchen cabinets, as well as adding knobs and drawer pulls, and a backsplash. Dude. I'm intimidated and feeling a hint of a twitchy eye coming on just typing this. But I'm not starting till February-ish, and I'm going to take my time and do it right. I already have it all in my mind's eye and I like what I see, my friends. It's sure to be a great success once it's all done...it's just a matter of actually doing it.

8. Michael will be absolutely, positively finished with his grad school work to become a school administrator in mid January, and finishes up his principal internship this semester. He got his masters a couple years back, and he's been taking classes for five years. I'm so proud of him and the work he's done.

9. Just so you know, when a Starbucks truck pulls into the main parking lot to unload supplies, they effectively block in every single car in said lot, forcing all customers to stay past closing time. Fun if you're with a friend, so it's a forgivable offense. I imagine most others would find it quite annoying.

10. A Christmas post is in the works, albeit quite late, so stay tuned. Better late than never, eh?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, we may need to form a support group. This weekend I'm redoing our laundry room and from there I'm heading into the kitchen to paint our cabinets. I, too, am quite terrified, but my stepdad is a great handy man and has said he would help. If you find any great tips let me know and I'll do the same!

Jennifer said...

Good luck, friend! Can't wait to hear how it goes! You'll probably be done with yours before I even get started. I'm so nervous about it!!