Monday, May 23, 2011

BENNETTISMS

Some sweet/funny things from my buddy:


1. He loves going to child care up at the church when I go to Summer Spectacular practice, and when he hears I'm going that night, he says, "Mom, please can I go to Summer McSpacular with you?" Michael and I crack up laughing every time.

2. Today we were all packed and ready to walk out the door to go to the water park for the first time, but in five seconds flat it started thundering, lightning and pouring down rain. We went out on the back porch to watch it and talk about our other options for the day when Bennett starts to spontaneously pray, "God, thank you for the rain, but I don't need it right now, so could you take it back? You can make it rain somewhere else if you want to, but I need to go to the water park today."

We had a conversation about how God wants us to pray and talk to Him about what we want and need, but He's still God and He still knows best, and sometimes the answer is no. It was a good talk/life lesson.

3. When Jasper gets hurt or is crying, Bennett often says, "Awww, baby, are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? Yeah, yeah you did," and on and on in this high pitched little voice I can only assume is supposed to resemble my own :).

4. For over two months now, the kid has asked me at LEAST three times a week when we're going to have another baby. More recently it's turned into asking me if I have a baby in my tummy yet. He initiated the very idea with NO suggestion, mention or encouragement from me or his dad, and he continues to initiate every one of these conversations all by himself. He makes sure that I know that "Jasper John is growing up. He's not a baby anymore, so it's time for us to get a new one." I've told him I'll get back to him on that one. It is so interesting to me that he loves babies so much - he's truly mesmerized by them - because he never sits still and is such a typical rough-and-tumble little boy, but when it comes to babies, he has an extra soft spot in his heart. He has asked me numerous times when he will be old enough to get married and have his own kids, and he's told me he wants five children of his own. Dude. Someday I'm going to get to see my buddy payin' for his raisin'. HA! I'll enjoy every minute!

2 comments:

Kristi Petrak said...

What a sweetheart!! :)

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

That is too sweet! I definitely think you should have another one. I have loved having three little ones in the house and your boys will love having a baby brother/ sister in the house too! :-) That is too fun about your Summer Spectacular performance too. I wish I could have seen it and heard you. I have been a blog follower and blogger recently, but it is always so fun to read what is going on in your life! Hopefully someday soon we will see each other again.