Saturday, October 20, 2007

Blessed be the Name

Oh, dear Lord You are GOOD to me!
The Lord in His wisdom and sovereignty gave me a message tonight at church that was tailor-made. I had chills and tingles all evening long, from the scriptures used, to the songs that were sung, to the message being preached. Don't you just LOVE it when He does this in His faithfulness for His children? Unbelievable how He provides for and comforts His children in the midst of storms and strife. Tonight was about the Lord's sovereignty and His omnipotence. About how He is God in heaven and He controls EVERY thing. He gives and takes away. A song was sung tonight which has been my favorite for a long time and I think will continue to be no matter how many times we sing it at church or I hear it on the radio. Bennett danced to this song when he was in my tummy, which was pretty amazing since he was a quiet baby in the womb for the most part. And, not coincidentally, his name means "blessed," as I most certainly feel I am. So here are the lyrics that I hold in my heart, which apply to just about any circumstance of life I will find myself in (or that anyone will)...

Blessed be Your Name,
when I'm found in the desert place.
When I walk through the wilderness,
Blessed be Your Name.

Blessed be Your Name,
when the sun's shining down on me.
When the world's all as it should be,
Blessed be Your Name.

Blessed be Your Name,
on a road marked with suffering.
Though there's pain in the offering,
Blessed be Your Name.

And another song, called Everlasting God

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.

You are the everlasting God,
the everlasting God.
You do not faint,
You won't grow weary.

You're the defender of the weak.
You comfort those in need.
You lift us up on wings like eagles.

Just so all of you reading know, this blog is not intended to evolve into a collection of sermons by yours truly. But how amazing to be spoken to by the Spirit of the Lord through His Word. At this time and place in my life, I can't help but share. Bear with me. Next time around I'll post some pictures, funny anecdotes, etc., that people are so entertained by in the blogging world :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It was a great message, wasn't it?? I, too, have loved that song ever since I heard it. It has guided me ever since our miscarriage and I will continue to hold it close to my heart. Take care! Talk to you soon.

Tony said...

HI! i'm still going to get us together and such. i wanna meet your boy! and see your grown boy who's last name you have!

and i have a simple recording of that song that's pretty good if you want me to email it to you :-)