Friday, October 5, 2007

I've joined the bloggers



I have decided to join the network of blogging. Lots of other stay at home moms do this stuff so I figure I can do it too for a while and see if I like it. Most of you reading this should already know my history, my family, my basic likes/dislikes, etc., so I won't bore you with such information. I will begin with something OH so exciting to the Campbell household this week. We FINALLY got our new bedroom furniture on Wednesday! The whole process of re-doing our bedroom has been nothing short of a nightmare. It started with $100 and 10 hours work worth of Venetian Plaster paint (DON'T do it!! I'm seriously considering putting a "jeers" in the FW Star Telegram about the Home Depot we went to!), the last can of which was totally the wrong shade as the rest of the room. A few days ago my mom and I re-did the entire room with normal paint in a gold shade...much less work, much less money, and ALL the same color - thank you Lowe's! The following day, after having made 4 phone calls harrassing the people we bought our furniture from, we finally had all but the bed delivered (5 weeks late, but here at last!). So now, minus the beautiful headboard and footboard (which will be delivered in another week), I am sitting here in our newly remodeled bedroom, enjoyed the aesthetically pleasing attributes it has to offer...patting myself on the back for the 4 years of patient endurance I've exercised with white, bare walls and 25 year old chipped, faded, fake furniture. It was WORTH it!! If I can figure out how to attach a picture, I will. Bennett (my 10 month old) suddenly finds himself spending a LOT more time in this strange new room since mommy loves to sit and sigh and enjoy the newness of it all. (Kudos to Crysty Kimberlin for inspiring me to sit down with Michael and have a heart to heart about our ghetto-fabulous room that is now nothing more than a memory).

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Way to go!! Love the furniture! Glad you're a blogger now!!!! You should be able to link to mine from my profile.

Amanda said...

Hey~
I saw that you added this "new" website on your facebook, so I thought I would come visit. I like your new room! So glad the nightmare is over for you w/ the remodeling! :o)

LBC said...

Yea! It looks awesome. I need to come over and see it in person!