Friday, May 22, 2009

FIRST VERSE

I was inspired by Kristen C.'s posts about her kiddos memorizing scripture, and have just recently begun to feel like Bennett would understand and have the ability to do this, so we started at the beginning of this week with his very first memory verse. I'm a firm believer that memorizing scripture is so valuable to the Christian walk and to our relationships with God (though I need to practice what I preach SO much more in this area), and I'm hoping to instill this in my boys at an early age. His daddy and I are SO proud of him - I just kept thinking about how listening to His own perfect Word being recited by the voice of a precious toddler must make God's heart smile. Without further ado, here's my sweet Bennett, reciting on his own for the first time:





"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." --Genesis 1:1

4 comments:

Vicky said...

This is soooooo cute. I watched it over and over!!

Papa watched with me too and was as proud as Nanna.

Kristen said...

Loved it!

Amanda said...

Love it! Precious!

Randi Freeby said...

I love this! It even made me tear up a little. What great parents you are by instilling a love for God in him early. I am inspired!