Sunday, May 10, 2009

ROCKS MY SOCKS

It has to be said today of all days that my mom is amazing. I know everybody says this about their mom, but seriously. She Rocks My Socks. I can't remember a time she ever raised her voice at us or became impatient - if she was, we never knew it. Her ability to listen never ends (which is a feat of gargantuan proportions considering how much my brother and I like to talk about a whole lotta nothin'). She gives and gives and shows no signs of bottoming-out. When I want to know what I should do with my boys, I ask her, because I know that her wisdom in the way she raised me will always make me a better mom myself.

And now she's not only my mom, she's Mimi to my boys, and I praise God for how blessed we all are to have her. My boys will learn so many things from me because I'm following her example, and when they're with her, they'll learn even more.

God must've known I'd need someone like her to be strong, to be my best-friend, to always be on my side, and to show me His light when I felt lost in the dark.

I sure do love you, Maw. Thanks for showing me what being a mom is all about. My family and my boys are blessed because of your strength and perseverance.

0 comments: