Saturday, July 10, 2010

THE BOOK

First off, I'm sending my query letters, book synopsis, personal biography, etc etc. (all that the literary agent has requested) on Monday. I'm posting here about it now to ask all of you who read my blog, and all of the people who love and care about me to pray for the success of this book on Monday. Pray that it will go into the hands of a literary agent, and then to a publisher, who sees its merit and quality, and good message, who wants it to help other young women the way I want it to. I say THANK YOU ahead of time for your prayers.


And here's a little more info on it, since I have been so vague up until now:

1. It is titled A Fat Girl's Revolution.
2. It is a Christian fiction novel, geared towards young adult through middle-aged women, especially those who have ever had a hard time with appearance, weight, self-esteem, etc.
3. It's about a young woman who struggles with her weight, her self-image, etc., and with God's help, works to overcome this, and revolutionize her life. It's also a supernatural love story, involving a man who has been a part of her past and who wants to be part of her future.
4. After editing (still finishing up a tiny bit), it is still right around 90,000 words long, which is a pretty average-sized book in the publishing world.

From all of the research I've done, it looks like the basic process for submitting a novel is submitting a query letter, then being asked to submit a partial of the novel (usually the first three chapters), then the entire manuscript if they are interested. After that, the literary agent and myself decide if we are a good fit for each other, and we sign a contract. Then the literary agent attempts to sell my book to a publisher. Whew! All of this takes weeks and weeks, so I'll have to wear my patient pants for a while :)

So for now, I covet your prayers on Monday in particular. Thank you, my dear friends!

0 comments: