Saturday, July 10, 2010

MY HAIR

I dyed my hair reddish-auburnish this morning. It isn't drastic, but I like it, even if it is an amateurish job (digging the "ish" today). I've been getting antsy and bored with my hair for a while now, and since I adore red hair, I thought I'd go that route, in a very conservative, cost-effective way, of course, because I'm just not brave enough to do something crazy. Anyway, I'm going to try to post a picture of it later today.


***Update***

I'm waiting three days to post a picture, because I just got my hair cut as well, and the lady butchered it. Totally my fault since I won't shell out the money to book an actual appointment with somebody recommended, but STILL! Did she HAVE to give me BANGS?! When I didn't even ask for them? Great Clips, I never know what I'll get from you, and it's rarely ever good. Yet I keep coming back for more. Why? Why do I do this? Shame on me!

Anyhow, I'm depending on the three-day rule, the one where they say it takes three days to get used to your hair, and then you kinda-sorta like it and don't mind it so much. *crossing my fingers that the rule works in this situation* So I'll post a picture here in a few days...maybe.

***Picture Update***




















And before you say I was being overdramatic, or it's not that bad, or not bad at all, please keep in mind that I waited well over my three-day rule to take and post the pictures, and my hair is pulled up half-way (which will most likely be its perpetual state for the next month or so). Plus, I figure a big fat smile makes a rough haircut travel a long way, as evidenced by the first picture. I'm still digging the red, but I have GOT to break down and get myself an actual person to go to from now on, rather than placing the fate of my hair in the hands of scary people who have no business wielding scissors of any kind.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I LOVE the color!!

You look cute with shorter hair, I like it.

Jennifer said...

THANKS Vicky! You just made my afternoon. :)