Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MAY I RECOMMEND

I'm in a pretty intense Bible study right now, and I've decided I'm not quite ready to disclose everything about it yet - still in the midst of it, still processing everything I'm learning, etc. However, I still have several seminars and books to recommend, for anyone who's interested, all of which have given me at least a little to chew on, and most of which have given me a LOT.


Seminars:

1. Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity" -- this seminar really blew my mind. It was amazing. I'm pretty sure it's available online now as a podcast (not positive, but back in April when it went down as a live simulcast, they were saying it would be available in July. I am thankful God led me to attend back in the spring.

2. Anything by Jim and Karen Evans, who have a website set up with seminars that you can watch on the internet weekly if you want. These seminars have amazing material for marriages. Michael and I have been greatly blessed by the things they have to say. Their website is www.marriagetoday.org.

Books:

1. So Long, Insecurity -- yes, Beth Moore also wrote it as a book. I didn't think it was as jam-packed with amazing, helpful stuff like the seminar was, but it's a good read, and had a lot of helpful stuff in it.

2. A Hunger for God -- Um. Wow. I don't even know what to say about this book by John Piper. It, along with the study I'm doing right now, has rocked my world and turned my perspective and desire for Jesus upside-down. This book is specifically about fasting, and it's unbelievable. Definitely real spiritual meat. You can actually download it as a PDF to your computer from online - if you're interested, let me know and I'll get you the info.


0 comments: