Wednesday, November 3, 2010

GARAGE SALE

Our church had a GIGANTIC garage sale this past weekend to raise money for our "Greater Things" campaign, and for a new baptistry, more specifically. I scored big.

I got a sewing machine for $10. It's old, but it works, and I'm pumped, because I'm just now trying things out with it. Whoo HOOOO!!

I got a light jacket for Bennett for $1.

I got a pair of calf-length brown boots in mint condition for ONE DOLLAR. I KNOW!! Brown boots were going on my Christmas list, and I was planning on them being one of my big ticket items, but now I don't have to put them on my list at all! :)

I also bought a set of shelves/bookcases that are very old that I'm going to attempt to completely make over in the next few months. I paid $10 for both of them together. Sweet.

There were also random knick knacks and home decor, and it was all $1-$2.

I stayed for an hour, and could have stayed a lot longer, but I was afraid of jinxing myself since I found EXACTLY what I wanted, and that pretty much never happens!

I would say after this experience that I'm a huge fan of garage sales, but that's not entirely true. Maybe I just don't hit the right ones, but I've very rarely had good finds at garage sales. But this one at the church was positively huge (spanning a large outside parking lot and four gymnasiums worth of stuff!). So any time there's an enormous sale like that, you can bet yours truly will be there!


1 comments:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

YEAH!! Yours truly is a huge fan of garage sales too, especially church ones. I am giving a talk about family fun and frugal living at my MOPS group in January and I am going to talk about church garage sales!!!