Tuesday, November 16, 2010

BFHP

***Pictures of my insanity added below***

I'm in the middle of a Big Fat Hairy Project that I admit I'm a tad nervous about. I have no IDEA how it's going to turn out, and half of me thinks I'm a little insane to be trying it. I've been reading too many crafty, creative blogs, and now I'm afraid I might have taken things too far.

What is this Big Fat Hairy Project (or the BFHP, as I like to call it), you may ask? I'm so glad you did. It's a table and six chairs that I bought for $80 from Goodwill. Yep. You read me right. And the set needs MAJOR work. I've been using wood filler on all the chairs and sanding them down for almost a week. I'm planning on sanding the table too, and painting the whole set, as well as re-upholstering the chairs. Say wha-?!

Yes, you read me right again. And if this doesn't turn out well....I'll probably cry. Because it's taking a whole lotta blood, sweat and tears already. When I get the time, I'll post a picture of the set (or the best I can get - it's all dismantled right now), so you can see just how crazy I really am.

Two of the six chairs, with the cushions removed.
Two chairs that have been filled and sanded, the old seat cushions in all their glory, and the THREE table leaves that also need to be painted.
Two more cushions, the table top and legs.
If it turns out the way I'm hoping, it'll be beautiful. If not....yikes. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL...when we first moved into this house, I tackled building the two big sets of bookshelves that now hold all the toys in our play room. Through the measuring, cutting, screwing, sanding, staining, finishing and all the trips to Home Depot in between, I wondered if I had bit off more than I could chew. But the shelves were eventually done and they have been standing tall in our play room for 2 years now. Press on with the BFHP :)

Riss said...

I can't wait to see the finished project! And I think you're amazing for tackling this. Between the horrible reflux and seemingly constant string of illness, a project like that would never get done at my house.