Thursday, November 4, 2010

LOVE THEM

You know how some days as a mom of littles are just tough? Put your head in your hands and bawl your eyes out tough? Goodness knows I've had plenty of those, but today wasn't one of them. No, siree.

Because on the way to Bennett's little school, we were talking about Spiderman (a new phase that began thanks to a Happy Meal toy from McDonalds), and B was trying to figure out how Spiderman could still be a good guy, even though he hits and punches the bad guys. We've been talking about using gentle hands and feet lately, and how to be a good friend, and the difference between good guys and bad guys (all due to his obsession with asking questions, and with how physical and hands-on he is), and he hasn't quite figured out when violence is appropriate in the real world (???) and when it's not. And yours truly is at a loss on how to explain it! :) (if anyone has any tips, I'd LOVE to hear them!) But the conversation itself was just precious, a sweet reminder of how innocent and young and sweet my big boy still is. It was a nice, needed reminder. I'm praying more and more for wisdom as a mom these days, because I know that on my own I am completely unequipped to raise this boy up in the Lord. Thank God that He is stepping in and doing the work! Anyway, it was just a fun little conversation that made me thankful for the relationship I have with my three (almost FOUR - eek!) year old.

Then for the rest of the morning while I was running errands with Jasper, he kept saying "Hi!" to Every. Moving. Car. everywhere we went, like he's been known to do for the past couple of weeks. And I LOOOOVE it!! He gets this HUGE smile on his face and says, "Car! Hi! Hi, car!" He and I broke into a fit of giggles together two different times today. One was when he proceeded to say hi to the same stinking car about 50 times in the Wal-mart parking lot, and the other was when he was smushing up his nose and making piggy sounds over and over and over again while we were playing this evening. I love the way our relationship has evolved and become special and unique in its own right, and I'm so thankful for Thursdays, when he and I get some one on one time.

Also, Jasper's first occupational therapy session was today, and it went wonderfully. His therapist's name is Meredith, and she's amazing. She makes everything fun and is SO encouraging, to him and to me. In one hour she did so much with him, and I've already seen a change in his attitude toward walking! Seriously! And I have specific tools that I can use with him in between our sessions. A therapist comes to our house once every two weeks, and it doesn't cost us a penny! What a load off to be working toward a specific goal, and what a blessing it is!

They call this "Good Day."

(next up is book stuff)


2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

So happy for your good day! So proud of jasper and his first therapy session! Just think what he will do with the second one. He'll exceed all of your expectations. So happy that the load has been slightly lifted for you.

Vicky said...

I love hearing about the boys and I'm so happy the OT is working out so well.

I can't wait to hear more book talk.