Saturday, November 6, 2010

WALKING!!

I have to post this really quick: As of today, Jasper John is WALKING (for real walking, not just a few steps)!!! By himself!! Unprompted!! All over the living room!! YEEEEHAW!!!! And he stood himself back up any time he stumbled or fell, and kept on going. Instead of a discouraged, uncertain look in his eye, he was confident and excited. Praise God!!


When I was pregnant with him, planning and expecting his arrival, I never would have dreamed that we'd be where we are, but I also have to say, I can't remember the last time I felt so excited about such a simple, natural thing as my baby learning to walk. Because it really is a challenge for him - it really is more difficult for Jasper to walk than other babies (the therapist confirmed he has lower muscle tone, and he has to work HARD to do things that come naturally to other kids). So my mommy heart is swelled with pride and thankfulness right now. I'm willing to bet this is how God feels about us when we work and sweat and try, never giving up, to do something that is difficult or painful, and He's there all along, holding our hand, encouraging us, whispering, "You can do this!" What a beautiful reminder.

Thank you, God, for another answered prayer with my little one! And thank all of you who have ever offered up prayers on his behalf!

P.S. We got it on video, and I'll try to come back and post it later.

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is wonderful news! How much fun. I am hoping Maggie might take her first steps while we are home for furlough. You know I can empathize with your feelings. Way to go Jasper!

Kristi said...

I am so incredibly excited for you and for Jasper! What a wonderful day!!! Praise the Lord for such a wonderful milestone!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

That is exhilirating! I know that you have been walking on air all day. To be hoping for something for so long and then it finally happens...well that's just amazing friend. So excited for you and Jasper. And I know that you won't mind at all the extra activity his new found mobility will cause you. Such a blessing!

Riss said...

Yay Jasper!

Vicky said...

I'm so happy for him and his parents!
(and grandparents)

I too am thankful for another answered prayer!

We love you

Nanna and Papa