Monday, November 1, 2010

HALLOWEEN

First off, I tried for about 30 minutes to get the pictures to appear here the way I cropped them in iPhoto, with no success - gah!! So these pics are only somewhat as cute as I had them worked out to be, a rough draft of sorts, if you will...but I'm probably the only one who really cares anyway, eh?

We carved and painted pumpkins the night before Halloween. For Halloween itself, after the boys woke up from their afternoon naps, we loaded them up and took them to Poppy and Mimi's house for some dinner and festivities. Me and Mimi took them trick-or-treating while Michael and my dad stayed home passing out candy to droves of trick-or-treaters. The boys did REALLY well and both of them LOVED going up to the houses, knocking on doors, saying "Trick-or-Treat!" and getting a bucket full of candy.

Carving and painting pumpkins.
(I also attempted roasting pumpkin seeds, but I set the oven too high, and they ended up tasting like burnt sunflower seed shells. Rough. We'll try again next year.)

Off to Poppy and Mimi's house for pizza and Trick-or-Treating!
The Pumpkin (what Bennett asked to be this year) and The Spider
One Sad Spider
Yes, I am dancing and carrying on like a crazy woman in the background. I am unashamed. Anything for good pictures, my friends.
Let's go get some candy!
Their favorite house of the night.

Happy Halloween!

0 comments: