Saturday, December 13, 2008

MOUSE WARS: PART THREE

The night before I called the exterminator, we actually caught a little booger in the trap under our bed, but just barely by the tail. These things have been cleaning out all of our traps and not getting caught at all, until this one. Michael goes around with a flashlight checking, and low and behold, there it is, perfectly healthy and alive, only caught by his tail. Disgusting. It took us a while to figure out what to do with it. Michael finally bagged it up and took it out to a nearby park (so other people could enjoy the rodent) and dropped it off. We're too humane for our own good. Score: 1-2, mice still in the lead.

I surrendered a couple of days ago when I AGAIN heard a stinkin' mouse under my dresser around 6am. Ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. So I called an exterminator (THANKS, Emily!) and he came out the next day and I feel GREAT about everything he did to mouse-proof our home. He said the weather's been a factor this year and they're getting lots more calls than usual. That made me feel a little bit better. It just kinda makes you feel like you've got a nasty home if mice are attracted to it. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted (cause I know you're on the edge of your seat for Part Four - hee).


Coming up: Picture of 25 weeks and my progress on my To Do List. I'm feeling pretty good about it all :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

If it makes you feel any better, the only thing that made me better when a little critter crawled into our house was that you had one, too, and you're one of the cleanest people I know :)

Sarah Kirksey said...

Jennifer, I just found your blog...where have I been?? :) Mice = yucky! I'm so sorry y'all are dealing with that!

How's pregnancy treating you this time around?? Pictures would be great!